View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 03:40 PM   #64
SegNation
SegNation is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
Thank you for this data. From the video and pics it appears to compare more to a updated p133 than an updated i167. (The i167 became the i2, the p133 size did not continue)

Are you/were you familiar with the P133? Do you agree the Ninebot is more of that range than that of the full sized i2?

Many on this forum liked the p133, and were sad to see it discontinued. Also, there were many accounts of the fact that Dean himself liked that size as well.
Well it is basically a smaller i2. Smaller wheels, base, batteries, and only weighs about 55 pounds. Maybe like p133 with a LeanSteer. I like the fact that it is smaller, lighter, and cheaper. It is not as agile, fast, or as responsive as a Segway though, and the charge lasted us about 8 miles. Also, hitting small bumps is very noticeable.

I personally don't think in can take the day-to-day wear and tear we put our Segways as a tour company though. However, as a consumer product, it will be just fine. We've put 100 miles on the ninebot Elite here in Dallas, and plan on putting 1,000+ miles on it over the summer. We have over 120 Segways in our fleet, and the average mileage is about 5K-7K, with some as high as 15K. Compare that to a consumer. We service 1-2 machines a week and the average mileage is 300-500 miles.

Someone mentioned a wall converter. The ninebot plugs right into the way via 3 prongs. That was a picture of where it plugs into the unit.
SegNation is offline   Reply With Quote