View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 04:20 PM   #19
bob yarbrough
bob yarbrough has a little shameless behaviour in the past

5 yr Member
Default washer and knob solution(sort of)

Since 2009 the additional washer solution is one I've used.

I give demo rides when I can. This involves adjusting the handlebars frequently.

The problem I've experiencced with this washer method is that while I have decent muscle control and strength it seems I rarely can hand
tighten the knob enough so that when adjusting the handlebars or pulling the PT up steps I find it frequently slips. On the flip side is that when I do manage to tighten the knob I then have difficulty in loosening it so as to make height adjustments for demo rides.

My solution to this has been to leave the knob loose all the time. Now hear me out!. I have found that when going down steps if you lightly grip the knob with one hand and guide the PT with the other the washer does help hold the height position in place. Yes, it's a two handed operation but one I find easier than fighting with the tightening and loosening of the knob.

I do like the idea of a bigger or different shaped knob.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
the PONY SEAT
bob yarbrough is offline   Reply With Quote