Thread: New Icons
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 05:05 PM   #8
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by falves View Post
Thanks Bob!

As for Firefox, make sure that if you have the Flash plugin installed, you update it to version 10.x. When I had version 9.x of Flash in FF, it would cause all sorts of havoc, sometimes taking 99% of processor power! Since updating Flash, FF is running smoothly, though RAM still creeps over time...

You can check to see what version of Flash you have installed by going to Tools>Add-ons and selecting the Plugins tab.

-F
Hah, I thought I had Flash 10 on here, but I just checked, and I'm still at 9 on this system. Must have been on another computer...

I don't think Flash is the only culprit, especially for memory leaks. I suspect the Javascript interpreter of leaking like a sieve, but maybe it's the layout engine, or who knows which add-ons. But every bit helps -- thanks for the pointer!
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote