View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 10:55 AM   #174
bentbiker
bentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Burrows View Post
My name is Roy Burrows and I live in Las Vegas Nv. I bought a i2 on 1-27-08. I am retired and have trouble walking. I will be riding my Segway to near by shopping centers mainly to Starbucks and running errands. Las Vegas is on Pacific standard time.
I am having a proble entering the settings on my infokey controller. Are there an sources on settings other than the Reference Manual?
Roy,

Welcome to the site. The only settings I'm aware of are:
  1. The ability to turn on or off the toggling of speed between turtle mode and full speed, and
  2. The max speed in full speed mode.
  3. Shutdown Timeout.

The first of the above settings is covered in your reference manual; the other two are in a supplemental pamphlet. I am assuming you purchased a NEW unit and therefore have the latest firmware, which is addressed in a pamphlet which should have been in your box. If not, you can find it at:
http://www.segway.com/support/manuals-guides.php

If this doesn't answer your questions, give us the specific setting you are trying to change. Also, since you already provided your location, you may want to fill in your profile to assist respondents in future posts. Also, it now shows you as purchasing your first Segway in 2001, but I'm betting that is a default that needs to be changed.

[Edit: Just realized that I responded to a post on a thread reserved for introductions. Roy, if you want additional responses, you should probably re-post this as a new thread in the same forum.]

John Kuhn

Last edited by bentbiker; 02-06-2008 at 11:00 AM.. Reason: See "Edit"