View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 11:06 PM   #117
apollo
apollo is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee
Smile It only took me 6 years...

But I finally have it. Today I took delivery of my new Black i2 with commuter package. The dealer was nice enough to fully charge it up for me before he delivered it. So, after my initial orientation, I took it out and had a 3+ mile glide around the campus. Man, for years I've been reading people's impressions after their first real glide, and I had been on a Segway twice before (i167 in 2003 and i180 in 2005) but this today was really my first glide of appreciable length and well, the experience was really fantastic. No amount of reading and listening to others can prepare you for what that first glide is like.
What's even better is, every one I saw had a positive reaction. There were a lot of good comments and a few people who wanted to know about the machine. There were a few curious stares, and I would have loved to stop and talk to everyone, but I just didn't have time.
I feel that today is the start of a new era in my life. You would have to know a lot more about me to fully understand why I say that, but I really do mean it. Here's to many more happy glides in the future, cheers!