View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 05:44 AM   #10
toymaker
toymaker is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Ah, the Segway designed bag, hard to install quickly due to the tight fit of the wire loop to the sewen pocket was the first problem. I fixed that by putting the bracket into a vise and "sqeezing" it together to about 1-3/4" wide (2" wide is standard), so now it slips right on. But most of the time I just hang the bag onto the bracket by the handle. Much faster and performs the same. Next the zippers. I coated the zipper run with bees wax to allow the travler to pull smoother. OK but it needed me to drill a small hole in the plastic travler and insert a key ring. I added a plastic key fob and this almost made the bag easy to use. Space in bag was OK but I started to carry some different stuff. I started with a extension cord from an old computer power cable so that I could plug-in where ever I was. Camera for recording good events. Tire guage but no pump. Roll-Up nylon jacket to ware or use as a machine cover and a local city map. No regs and other materials that would ever be used to support an arguement with the local police. I did start carring some business cards from the local Segway dealer to give to people who wanted answers to lots of questions. My overall rating of the Segway Bag C+.
toymaker is offline   Reply With Quote