Thread: Loop Wheels
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 11:00 PM   #3
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

If you watch the chain on the bike, it looks to be moving quite a bit, as if the flex of the wheel makes the tension on the chain tighten and loosen.

This dynamic of the wheel may make it too much for the control electronics of the segway be able to deal with. I believe there is a great deal of minor torque movements, fore and aft, that the segway depends on to stay upright. I feel that movement between hub and rim that these wheels have may be a variable that is too great for the segway to be able to muster thru...

Still, it would be interesting. I would love to see if someone gives it a try.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.