Thread: Boosted Boards
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 12:52 PM   #5
PaulDV
PaulDV is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Boosted Boards

Being an ex-skater, I must confess to being slightly excited about this project and it does look like they're doing everything right at the right sort of pace.

Technology has finally caught up with the 'dream' of an electric skateboard and it seems to be actually viable, if the videos are to be believed.

It's not the same as a Segway of course, and I can't really see a middle-aged portly gent in a business suit cruising down the street on a Boosted Board in the same way that I can picture him on a Segway - it somehow seems 'age inappropriate', as my kids would say

Using Kickstarter as a means of judging the project's viability (and product's saleability) is a good idea as it means that if the orders are not forthcoming and they don't meet their target, then the project doesn't go ahead and people get their money back.

That said, I've just checked, and they have already gotten 405% of the funding they asked for, so I guess this one is a 'go'
Not bad seeing as the project only went live less than 3 weeks ago!

Not sure I would rely on a Boosted Board for a regular commute if the weather is not guaranteed though, as the rain will ruin the bearings and skating in the wet is not a very good idea anyway. But if I lived somewhere like Florida or California, then I think this would be fantastic.