View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #13
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteInLongBeach View Post
Yeah, I gotta wonder about emergency / evasive maneuvering. All the videos that I can find show it being carefully operated under controlled conditions, by an experienced operator, and do not show any quick maneuvers. And, I notice the operator still must use his feet to keep it upright when stopped and during the first few feet of travel.

I would love to see it compared to a segway under a variety of road conditions, maneuvers, and evasive situations.
I would also love to see it in the conditions you mention. I have been following this pretty much from day 1 (well, maybe day 3 ) but if I think back to the early promo material for the Segway HT, we didn't see anything other than eminently sensible people riding a Segway HT in equally controlled conditions. We will have to be patient.

The only thing I can remember is one video where a ranger (complete with ranger hat I seem to recall) stops quite quickly on a path, tips his hat and then rides off. But that's all I can recall.

The owner/inventor of the Ryno has made a few disparaging comments about Segways over the years - and stated some misinformation about Segways too.

I have to see, I'm a bigger fan of the look of the proto-type in most of the videos than I am of the finished article (well, the red pre-production model). I read it will do 12.5 in sidewalk conditions and 20-25MPH on the road. For me, this thing would only have a place if it did manage speeds of 20-25MPH. If it doesn't, why would anyone choose it over a Segway PT (personal preferences aside).

Last edited by gbrandwood; 09-10-2012 at 05:28 PM..
gbrandwood is offline   Reply With Quote