View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #14
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Carlo,

I do like your tires, and agree with your statements about them and traction.

Years ago, I made similar discoveries.

I used to sell Chen Shin tires to the segway community. I believe that MadSegs used a set of these tires at the first MAMS and did very well in all venues.

A friend of mine called these tires I was selling as KETTS (Karl's Extra Traction Tires.) He called the ones on the left as Super Ketts.

I use the ones on the right as my standard tire, and run them all the time.

Currently, on my i2, I run the KETTs tread pattern, but in a slightly oversized tire. It is only 1 inch bigger (about 2.5 cm) but it gives me a bit more speed, and does not take away enough torque.

Have fun. Next time I plan a trip to Italy, I will surely look you up, and invite you to do the same if you come to the northeast part of the USA. (Boston area)

Have fun. Glide more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote