View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 11:01 AM   #9
dmurphy
dmurphy is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don M View Post
I also have 3 spare batteries that I've been 'experimenting' with. They are stored indoors, not on a machine and I check their voltages from time to time - They never change. I used to put them on a machine every 3 or 4 months to charge, but the recharge took only minutes, so I cut that back to every 6 or 8 months with the same result. I do check the voltages more often, just to make sure. Batteries not on a machine discharge VERY slowly
I've taken the batteries off my Segway and stored them inside the home for the winter. The i2 is living in the garage but I didn't want to leave the batteries out there. Sounds like - if I plug it in once in the middle of the winter, that should be plenty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale@thecoys.net View Post
That's true. It's just more convenient for some folks to leave it plugged in, using a timer. If I had a timer that would turn on for an hour every week, I would probably do that.
This'll be my plan for the not-winter seasons, when the i2 stays intact in the garage. I'll leave it on a timer. I have a spare timer I used to use for my pool pump; if I remember that has a 7-day clock on it so I might just be able to do what you suggest.

Looks like it'll be mid-60s temperature on Thursday this week so I may just get out on my first "official" glide. We'll see!
dmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote