Thread: miniLITE
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 06:27 PM   #9
Thomas Russell
Thomas Russell is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Solution?

Hi guys. I had this problem after I ordered the Minipro with the Go Kart Kit (via Indiegogo) and they changed the deal half way through and supplied the (very similar but not identical) Ninebot S and Go Kart Kit instead.

I could not remove the handle from the Ninebot S with the tool supplied as part of the Go Kart Kit - a sort of simple wrench that was designed to apply pressure, via a screw, to a two-pronged piece that inserted into the two screw holes in the front.

Nothing I could do would pull the bar out. I even hung it from a tree by the bar and hung my whole weight off it and it would not move.

Then I looked at the removal tools and realised they were designed to force the two-pronged thing into the screw holes. So I put it in the screw holes and hit it with a hammer. To my amazement, I saw it get deeper and deeper into the handle with each blow. This was in fact the handle separating from the body. It was then a simple matter to pull off manually.

So, long story short, put the two-pronged thing that comes with the Go Kart Kit (looks like this from the side: ⊨) into the screw holes, carefully drive it in with a hammer, and the handle should just wriggle off.
Thomas Russell is offline   Reply With Quote