View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 10:21 PM   #6
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Bob,

I saw your video. Some of it I liked, some not so much.

I also took the trainer course offered by the factory. On the points where you differ from the factory's position as to what should or should not be done, do you feel your personal information is better than theirs?

On tip #6, where you tell others that they can control a segway from the ground, I have a question. I know that if I grab the handlebar of a bike as it slowly rides past, I can very much affect that bike, and the day the biker is having.

If you were to teach someone how to ride a bike, would you also tell people they can manipulate the bike from the ground, as much as the bike rider can? That seems a bit dangerous to me, bike or segway.

Your view on helmets is laudable, but I do not agree. You came on pretty strong there.

You also state that the helmet is the most important safety item, and again, I do not agree. Wrist, knee, elbow protectors may be more important in many falls. Knowing what you are doing trumps them all as a safety tip.

Each and every demo and training I have done includes a short ground school before anyone gets on the machine. I find that to be very important to their safety.

All in all, I appreciate your efforts and clip. I would add a disclaimer that it make more sense to get training from a qualified trainer and not depend on your clip alone. Even the manual that the segway comes with has important tips that are not in your clip, so if the clip is offered for safety, I would also include that.

GGGG,

Data that misinforms or misleads is of no use to determine a particular outcome, even if it can serve as a bad example. In context of trying to understand how a segway will interact with a pedestrian, hurling a dead weight on a trolley at them will offer nothing of value. Even if the dead weight looks like a segway.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote