View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 11:52 AM   #10
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Of course I wasn't suggesting any illegitimate actions on the part of SC admin, although I wonder how you "know" that site admin is above padding, etc. The site has no advertising and pumping up the visitor numbers therefore has no value.

I agree with gbrandwood that "8 members and 41 guests" is a reasonable value, and is fairly typical of what I see when I happen to notice the "who is online now" numbers (although the "41" is higher than I would expect to see). However, 1,149 is really high. Either a LOT of bots/spiders/whatever hit the site within a short period of time (an hour, say), or the timeout is set high, or the software can't discriminate multiple "hits" from one user or something like this. To suggest that over 1,000 unique individuals visited SC within one hour, in June 2009 is ...um... not likely.

Oh, and if this topic (for SC, in particular) isn't trivia, "trifling things or details, especially obscure and useless knowledge", then I don't know what else might qualify.
Civicsman is offline   Reply With Quote