View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 03:57 PM   #17
dmurphy
dmurphy is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMullins View Post
Here is how I would proceed with this repair in our shop. Based on what you are describing there are 3 components that I would focus on with the SE model, in the following order:
Power Board- likely the issue
Radio Board- possible
AC Input Filter- very rare

Verify charging- remove the batteries and take the voltage reading on both batteries for the baseline initial voltage reading. Reinstall the batteries and place the unit on charge for approximately 30 minutes. Remove the batteries and take the voltage reading again. There should be an increase from your initial voltage reading. If the voltage is the same, or lower, then the Power Board is the likely component that has failed.

If there is an increase in voltage during this initial test, I would then place the unit on charge for 8-12 hours. Retake the voltage reading afterwards and if you have a reading in the 78 range then the batteries are fully charged. Even though you are getting solid green lights and only 2 bars, the radio board may be failing which is not giving you the correct infokey information. The are other obvious signs that appear first, like trouble powering the unit on and off. This is likely not the issue, but it’s a possibility.

This is a start...

Power Boards run about $280 and take about .5 hours to swap out.
Excellent diagnosis! I just pulled and checked. Batt A is 75.3 volts; Batt B is 75.2. I’d say that’s fairly strong and well balanced between A-side and B-side.

I’m going to go for the gusto here and drain it in Wall-leaning mode. Let’s see what happens.

Thanks for the input - stay tuned!
dmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote