View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 01:20 AM   #12
dmurphy
dmurphy is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale@thecoys.net View Post
I don't understand that logic. Please explain.
Well, let’s say there’s nothing wrong with the batteries themselves, but the charging circuit has a problem.

If I run them down all the way - to the point beyond being able to power up my Segway - we’ve got a problem. At that point, I’ve got two dead batteries that may or may not come back AND a faulty power base.

But if I leave “some” charge in the battery, at least the seller can swap these batteries into another power base and figure out if the problem follows or not. If the problem is the batteries, fine, they’ll swap it out. Same for the powerbase.

So I’m playing with it overnight - leaving the batteries out altogether to hopefully “force” the Segway to reset itself. I don’t believe there are any storage capacitors onboard so this “should” do a full reset, in theory.

Again, the initial thought was around temperature, but the garage heater has been on 24x7 all week (I do not want to see that electric bill!). It’s averaging about 64 degrees in there, which I’m assuming should be sufficient to charge, yes?
dmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote