Thread: Given a Segway
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 10:20 PM   #36
dmurphy
dmurphy is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don M View Post
The best way to mount the InfoKey is to use this made in Germany, cast, machined aluminum protector

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Infokey-Pro...YAAOSwoBtW2WIq

I have these on all 3 of our I2's. No drilling - It mounts using the same screw the plastic piece of crap that came on the Seg uses. No matter how hard a fall you take, your InfoKey will never budge or be damaged. Well, maybe they could have, should have rethought the $200 InfoKey mount - It's really expensive when you lose one! The German piece is what should have come on the Seg from the factory. You've gotta admit, the flimsy plastic mount is really out of place with the overall quality of the machine

Don
You are - of course - 100% right. Why they cheaped out on the mount, I’ll never understand! Even the leather case is nicely done. It’s just totally out of character for the machine.

If it were me, I’d say the Autostand and the German key holder are the two must-haves that should’ve come from the factory.

Quick question on the holder - I have the silicone cover on my Infokey. Do you know if it fits in this mount with the cover on, or would I need to remove it?
dmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote