Thread: Given a Segway
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 12:08 PM   #34
Don M
Don M is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmurphy View Post
As for the Infokey attachment; there’s a trim ring that actually screws on the back of the Infokey that’d slot into the holder on the leansteer frame. I’m sure Vince can set you up with it - it’s a fairly cheap part and commonly replaced due to breakage.
The best way to mount the InfoKey is to use this made in Germany, cast, machined aluminum protector

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Infokey-Pro...YAAOSwoBtW2WIq

I have these on all 3 of our I2's. No drilling - It mounts using the same screw the plastic piece of crap that came on the Seg uses. No matter how hard a fall you take, your InfoKey will never budge or be damaged.
Quote:
It’s a true engineer’s dream - you can tell right away that marketing and finance didn’t get any input here - no cut corners anywhere. It’s unbelievably well built.
Well, maybe they could have, should have rethought the $200 InfoKey mount - It's really expensive when you lose one! The German piece is what should have come on the Seg from the factory. You've gotta admit, the flimsy plastic mount is really out of place with the overall quality of the machine

Don
Don M is offline   Reply With Quote