View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 01:00 AM   #14
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
I knew that vid looked familiar. It was uploaded 14 months ago! I think we have seen it before.

I don't know about a 4 wheel scooter like that. At 12 miles per hour, a hard or panic stop on a down grade means a face plant. At 20 miles per hour, it means a face skid. It seems like you might find out just how long a skid mark you can make with your nose...

It is an upgrade to the typical Q platform, but the basic physics of that high a center of balance being stopped by a restriction on the wheels, means the weight is moving forward if you like it or not.
That all seems to be true of their device -- note the bicycle hand-brake control.

But it's not quite inherent in having 4 wheels. Segway balance control isn't quite precluded by having more than two wheels.

We could, for example, tie you to a pole, and maneuver an 8-wheel steerable device to remain beneath you, based on deviation of the pole from the local-frame vertical.

You're still going to need all the same sensors to determine local-frame vertical.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.