View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 08:26 PM   #8
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdale View Post
I realy like the RYNO wonder if you will have restrictions on that? Ive read 25mph and 12.5 mph.

So is the solo considered a mobility device? If not how does it meet the requirment?
I can't see the SoloWheel working for anybody (or barely anybody) as a mobility device. It requires more active balance from the user than the Segway, and thus also more exertion.

It can't go slowly, so it really ends up only solving the "point A to point B" part of the equation, leaving you to deal with any mobility issue at both ends of the journey, burdened with an additional device.

So it would only provide advantage to a narrow range of physical capabilities, for a portion of the need. The cases where it does work -- it would work for anyone, and really should not need to be viewed as a disability aid.

I'm not saying it would absolutely never could be viewed as a mobility aid -- but I don't expect it to come up in practice.

If it ever did, I'm sure it would run into the same issues people on Segways face -- that it makes you look able-bodied, and looks like too much fun to have a serious purpose.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.