View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 03:16 AM   #12
bystander
bystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to all

5 yr Member

Terryp, thanks for the pictures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrandwood View Post
Terry, once they're in your album, view them and right click on the image. Go to Properties to see their real Address (URL) on the server. Copy this address and then use the picture button in your post and paste the address in. Hey presto!

And when I download them, they seem to be > 97.7k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryp View Post
I think that's exactly what I did. I used the URLs that were reported by Properties, and the bracketed URL and /URL were automatically inserted when I put them in my post. But clicking on them returns an error saying they don't exist.

Thanks for posting the pictures for me, Gareth.
You may have figured this out by now, when you paste the text of the URL of the picture into your post, as you did, you get a link.

What gbrandwood was suggesting is that you use the "picture button" instead of pasting the picture URL text into the post. Looks like this:

The effect of clicking the picture button will give you a pop-up for you to paste the picture URL into. It then inserts that text into the post with "img" tags around it. Img tags are similar to bracketed URL and /URL tags but have IMG and /IMG instead.

If you find bracketed URL tags around an intended image, you can just edit the URL and /URL to IMG and /IMG.

Gbrandwood's post with the pictures included the smaller Coppermine images and links to the larger full sized images. To do that is a little more complicated, but is usually worth the effort as it keeps the vBulletin forum's formatting from becoming too wide and reduces bandwidth load on the Coppermine server.

The smaller Coppermine images are around 17-20 kb, one of the larger ones is around 116 kb, that's why vBulletin reacted the way it did.

Another way to get folks to see your pictures in Coppermine is to make a link to your album, like this:

Terry's Pix
bystander is offline   Reply With Quote