Thread: Hello everyone!
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 06:17 PM   #7
Suzined
Suzined is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Welcome, CG!

The x2 and the i2 are really for two different purposes. The i2 is great, superior in my opinion, for gliding streets, sidewalks, and shopping in malls and department stores as well as running errands, scooting around a campus, and traveling in an airport; picking up lunch, getting a latte'. The x2 is too big, bulky, and cumbersome to perform these tasks with grace. Indeed, the x2 is not allowed in many places because of its added width--won't comfortable go down isles in Safeway or Walmart and lacks the agility of the lighter i2. As a general rule, the x2 is not ADA compliant because of its width.

The x2 is, I'm told, great for golfing, polo, and outdoor activities in rough terrain. It is not an off-trail machine--fallen branches and rabbit holes would stop you dead. The x2 is great for gliding on grass, but how often would that occur? I glide near daily some six miles from my home to my favorite breakfast joint, all on streets, sidewalks, and hike & bike trails. There are no restrictions on the use of x2s on the various hike & bike trails but with the added width, I'd be the first to urge Park authorities to prohibit x2s. Further, the x2 would not be welcome in some of the stores I frequent coming home and the Federal Building (OK, Post Office) just wouldn't work out. I know GSA says it's okay but the 80+ year-old ladies waiting for their mail to be put up are a bit less accommodating--and I want to live in this town; it would be undignified for an ex-mayor to be run out of town on a rail by the Ladies' Aid Society. I'll let x2 owners chime in with x2 accolades.

Decide what might be your top three uses then make your decision based upon those uses.

Check out this web site, lots of good stuff. Until you figure out how to add your location to your e-mails, you might want to include your home town in future postings. This gives others a better idea of what might be be a proper response and provide information as to dealer support. Again, welcome aboard.