View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 09:53 PM   #19
jryan
jryan will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-Flags View Post
Whether you believe it or not, FACTS are what occured.

Bush was elected. FACT!

Whether any irregularities occured or not, the Supreme Court made a ruling that the election results would stand. FACT!

Even if something should surface in the future (SPECULATION!), it will still not change the FACT that he was elected by the laws of the country and has served those terms as President.

There are far too many instances of people trying to rewrite history to suit their preferences and predjudices, and I exclude none of the political parties from that statement.

The censorship of textbooks and the immolation of the facts that occured, in my not-so-humble opinion should be a capital crime.

But, of course, that's just MY opinion.

I thank you for your opinion! I do not agree with it! I agree Bush was elected! I believe the Supreme court made a ruling the results would stand! This is obvious. I do not believe that it is a FACT that he was elected by the laws of this country. The FACT is that if he cheated, no matter what the supreme court said it would not be by the laws of this country! Cheating an election is illegal! I am not saying he did because this has not been determined fact! I am saying the possibility is there that one or both elections could have easily been cheated and the allegations are there!

I would not call it fact that he cheated and I would not call it fact that he didn't! I think there is a lot of possible evidence that needs to be fact checked before we can come to an absolute conclusion. This checking will take time and I do not believe it will start until he leaves office. Nonetheless, it is my opinion that there is no place for "facts" until the allegations and alleged evidence is proven wrong!

I also agree with you that there are bad links on both sides. I am not going to sit here and say the Democrats are perfect. I will have to sit here and say that it seems we have both said all we can say on the Bush matter and we should probably just agree to disagree!

Jeremy Ryan
jryan is offline   Reply With Quote