Thread: "break A Leg"
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 08:25 PM   #13
Five-Flags
Five-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member
Angry Enough, already!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryan View Post
... Most of this post was a joke with slight references to truth.
... President Bush has been accused of several ethics issues
... None have been tried but all have been accused and a long list of others.
...The fact is that while he has not been tried, he is still President.
... I assume more information one way or the other will suface once he is out of office!
...As far as psychological disorders go I do not have any proof that he has any!

...In my opinion there is something seriously wrong with him. I do not believe every accusation that comes against him is true, I do however believe that many are true!

Jeremy Ryan

Jeremy, with your statements above, you could EASILY be charged with defamation of character, or libel.

Despite the fact that the President is a public figure under the law - thus is more of a valid target - the following quote from ExpertLaw should give you pause in your "jokes":

Under the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, as set forth by the U.S. Supreme Court in the 1964 Case, New York Times v Sullivan, where a public figure attempts to bring an action for defamation, the public figure must prove an additional element: That the statement was made with "actual malice". In translation, that means that the person making the statement knew the statement to be false, or issued the statement with reckless disregard as to its truth. (emphasis added)

We are all aware that you have no love for the current administration, however, your frequent denigrations are getting tiresome to me, and probably others.

Not everyone in this country shares your opinions, as evidenced by the FACT that he was twice elected, by due process of the laws of this country.

So put it to rest, and look forward to the fact that he will be gone in less than a year. Who knows, you might even be happier when McCain wins the next two!!
Five-Flags is offline   Reply With Quote