View Single Post
Old 07-18-2006, 04:04 PM   #19
Desert_Seg

Desert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

Does Iran have nuclear weapons? You would be foolish to think they don't. Data:

- In 1988 the Bushehr Nuclear Powere Plant was destroyed by the Iraqis and there were strong suppositions it was done due to its refining capabilities.
- Argentina, Pakistan, South Africa, Soviet Union, and West Germany all acknowledge (in 88 and 89) that they had provided help to the Iranians in their efforts to refine Uranium
- 1989 Iranian scientist admits / announces that Tehran Uni has successfully completed a Uranium Extraction Laboratory.

Jump ahead 10 years and Iran has moved light years ahead. Nuclear equipment by the ton has been delevered to Iran, training has been received and, in case I forgot, Iran has started to extract uranium from their pits in Yazd (I think that's the town).

Move ahead 6 years to present time....IAEA inspectors are banned, new underground facilities are noted at the Research Center....and they have long range weapons that can deliver nuclear warheads.

Let's not fool ourselves. Iran has the weapons, will sell / provide them to their "allies" and, have one goal in mind....Eliminate Israel from the face of the map. Oh, and I forgot, have a certifiable lunatic as their country's leader.

So yes, I hope Israel doesn't stop until the finish the job (no, not going into Iran but eliminating the Hezbollah threat from the Levant) and that Iran decides it isn't in their best interest to get involved. Unfortunately, this region is a tinderbox and having rogue nations with nuclear weapons is not a good thing.

Steven
Desert_Seg is offline   Reply With Quote