View Single Post
Old 07-18-2006, 03:35 PM   #18
GyroGo
GyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to all

5 yr Member
Default GyroGo's Mideast Peace Blog

As I've said before what scares me most is Iran having nuclear weapons. I half wonder whether Israel's and USA's secret gambit is to draw Iran into the conflict to nip this nuke development in the bud. However, as it may be inevitable that their development will proceed in any case, unless there is a war every few years to level their facilities, I think it is a good thing that Syria and Iran have NOT been more directly involved in acts of war during this opportunity (although their "indirect" support is certainly culpable).

Perhaps Iran and Syria deserve credit for recognizing that it is not their responsibility to eliminate Israel directly, perhaps they are just holding their cards for what they think may be a better opportunity. But in any case, the fact that we have seen other Arab and Muslim nations criticize Hamas and Hezbollah unlike we have ever seen in previous conflicts, IMHO, is some cause for hope.

Israel now says this operation will likely last another couple of weeks until they fulfil their objectives. If Hezbollah can be set back, and Hamas will lose their desire to fight Israel's right to exist and embrace reality as a result of this crisis, and resume focus on activities for the good of the Palestinian people, then maybe, just maybe, maybe, I pray, some good will come of this.

Peace.