Thread: SegVator - Lift
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 05:29 PM   #4
rwoynaro
rwoynaro is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default No power to my SegVator ?

Hi Folks:
Just un-boxxed my SegVator and am having a problem, so I thought I would ask for help. I have the single Seg one. I have a 7 pin RV connector that a local trailer place installed for me, I currently have a 4 pin one that I tow a utility trailer with. I have never used the 7 pin RV connector yet, I got it just for the SegVator.

When I plugged in the SegVator, I get no movement up/down and no lights. I took a meter and am not getting any DC readings from any of the 7 pins on the 7 pin connector. I did try the SegVator with the car running and the lights on also. Does the car have to be running to see any voltage on the 7 pin connector or should you have that anytime ? Maybe I am not seating the SegVator plug fully enough ? Is there any other swiches that need to be turned prior to the SegVator running ? I saw an in-line fuse on the SegVator cable and it has continuity, so its not that... If any SegVator owners read this, can you confirm if you can run the SegVator without the car running, is the standard 7 pin connector REALLY hard to seat the first time, is there anything else I should check ? I can go back to the trailer place, but wanted to try everything easy first. Thanks folks.
rwoynaro is offline   Reply With Quote