View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 12:07 PM   #27
dale@thecoys.net
dale@thecoys.net will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Default Numbers, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_walters View Post
I imagine that the size of the original picture you uploaded was 288x216? If so, then there's no need for a 'normal' sized version, as the original is 'normal' enough. I always upload larger (higher) resolution pictures, and let the photo gallery scale as it wants. When I upload a 1024x768 (for example) size picture, I always get a thumb, and a 'normal'.
Oh. Well, that makes sense.

[Although the Coppermine documentation that I consulted says "By default, whenever you upload a file, the script creates both a thumbnail of the file (file name using "thumb_" as its prefix) and an intermediate version of the file(file name using "normal_" as its prefix)."]

I had found (by brief trial-and-error) that I was not allowed to upload a picture wider than some physical size (in inches), so I just reduced this one to make it 4" wide (as I recall) and uploaded it.

Questions for the administrator(s):

Question 1: What is the real (set of) limitations on uploads? Physical size? And/or pixel width? Or length?

Question 2: What's the threshold for getting a "normal"?

It would be really useful to know those settings - and some of them may be server settings, and others Coppermine settings.

==========

So, the instructions for displaying a "viewable size" image inline are to replace "thumb" with "normal" (in the html), and if that doesn't work, then delete "thumb_"
dale@thecoys.net is offline   Reply With Quote