View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #8
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickb View Post
A paragraph copied from their website:

T3 Motion’s initial focus on law enforcement facilitated its expansion into additional professional markets, particularly private security, military, and government. There are over 3,000 T3 Motion vehicles in operation, spanning nearly 30 countries worldwide and logging over 20,000,000 miles. These vehicles are currently used by the Pentagon, U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), police
This doesn't seem like very successful market penetration to me. (They might be successful financially though.)

The one T3 I have ever seen, was shortly after they came out; a loaner that our local police used in a parade. Not "used to patrol a parade", but used in a parade. They returned it.

They DID get a two-wheeled electric scooter, more like a stand-up bike. It's lighter and cheaper than a Segway or a T3. I'm not sure what advantage a Segway might offer them in our local environment, but I think either is a better choice locally than the T3 -- or Segway's new model.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.