Thread: i-Segway
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 07:46 PM   #5
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default Clear as mud

It was a clear violation of what? Is there a law against one dealer doing business with family members?

This site is moderated by representatives of two dealers. If a different dealer is moderated off the site, without any violation by any stretch of the imagination of the TOS, then that would be proof of a conflict.

One tour operator has already commented about how they were left off the list of one of the moderators who told of the tour companies in his town...

If you decide that a customer of another segway professional is not allowed to post, even though they did not violate the TOS, how can that be justified...

This is just conversation. The moderators have not yet changed this thread, to my knowledge, but of course, there would be no way for us to know. We have to trust them. I trust them to do the right thing.

I just feel that this area of the site has put an unreasonable credibility gap into the mix. It is impossible to say that if I had a good post about one of the dealers who runs this place, and then later got a good deal from them, or great service, how would I ever know if they are related or not? Conversely, if I had a bad experience with one, and later get moderated for what I see as an unsubstantiated reason, how would I know that they are not related...

What I am saying is not uncommon. Holders of the public trust are often required to have their assets put into a blind trust, so that they cannot be placed in a position to hurt or help themselves financially. That is not the case here, but it is unfair to ask one dealer to hold a position that allows them to control or modify the reputation and public record on a different dealer. It is just too much of a conflict...

I don't know if the poster is related to the dealer. Nor do I know if the posters of the other dealers were related either. I do know that one dealer's rep has given a glowing report on some products they sell, which makes sense... How can it be responsible to require people who's job it is to sell this or that to be in a position to supposedly rate the value or lack of value of a product they are paid to sell...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote