View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 07:10 PM   #6
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrandwood View Post
There is a certain fascination with this kind of video and there has been for as long as the common man could afford a video camera.

It is not to everybody's taste but there is enough public interest in such things to keep primetime TV shows running for years and year and years.

I don't see the video as positive as such but I can see the humour in it. I can also see how some narrow-minded people might try to claim it as evidence of how unsafe the Segway is - but I would hope most people can discern that every slip, trip and fall is being caused by people either being dumb or by making mistakes (user error).

I believe that some of these very same clips were used on this forum not two weeks ago, from an individual who was claiming to be both a segway owner with a heart condition and also claiming it as evidence as to why he thought Disney aught not admit segways. (Of course he was ignorant of the fact that they already have many many segways, and rent them everyday.)

I may not have as much of a sense of humor in this area, but I also know it does not take many to make a complaint, nor change access rules. And they are more than happy to take videos like this out of context and use them as examples.

For the record, I know that there are many video television shows that show funny home videos of people falling down and hurting themselves. I don't find them entertaining either. I do know that some people find them amusing, and do not say they should not, but neither am I happy to have people tell me that I should. In this area, I guess it is best to say, "to each, their own."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote