View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 12:58 PM   #1
OPMD
OPMD is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default I2 SE Battery issues & warranty

My new I2se I got in November 2019 came with batteries that malfunction at temperatures under 55 degrees F.

I was last in contact with Segway Tech Support in January. They said they had a bad batch, but because of the virus in China they couldn't get it resolved. They sent me a ("Charged and tested" per Dawn at Tech Support) replacement set that had the same problems. So together we agreed to wait for the China factory to restart before we could do anything else.

Fast forward to now. I heard about Segway ceasing operations so I've been calling and emailing Tech Support to see about getting this resolved. It's been 2 1/2 weeks since I started contacting them and I haven't gotten any response. I've quit leaving voice mails since it doesn't seem to help.

The article I read about Segway only said they were stopping production, nothing about support or warranties

So now I've got some unanswered questions:

Will Tech Support/Warranty still be around after July 15th?
Any one know? If I could get a response from them I would know.

Are my defective batteries aftermarket repairable?
Again if I could get a response... Tech Support didn't give me enough information about the defect. Battery cells?, electronics in the batteries?, I just don't know. These are the higher capacity batteries.
Has anyone had this problem and gotten it resolved? How?

How many people are unaware they have defective batteries?
The problem only shows up in cooler weather. If your Segway hasn't gotten started below 55 degrees you won't know.

This is a high dollar problem if I have to get it resolved myself. Any new set of batteries that I could buy are automatically suspect.

I use my Segway with a seat as a mobility device so I need it to be reliable. I haven't used it much since the lock downs started but if I go out I need it.
Fortunately I have a set of older 2011 batteries off my 2005 X2 that started throwing off E042 codes a few years back. The I2se works OK with them

Any help, suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Jeff
OPMD is offline   Reply With Quote