View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 04:11 PM   #50
Seginaway
Seginaway will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJEdelman View Post
Why do you take the leansteer off? I would think that you could secure it with some bungee cords or the like. With all of the problems I have read with people getting their leansteer centered when reinstalling it, I would think that this would be something to avoid... Just my 2ยข...
Actually, I've figured the leansteer re-attachement out, it is important to support the Seg when you put it back together. While the base unit is balanced on its own, as soon as you attempt to put the leansteer on, it's weight (especially if you have a bag on the front) causes it to unbalance the base toward the front. Very similiar to what happens when you power down the Seg - the infamous kickstand problem. By supporting the base so it is level, leansteer re-attachment goes much smoother and it is much easier to align it when there is support.

As far as leaving it attached, I was concerned that it may impact the back window and it may also tend to move around quite a bit as one travels down the road which may make the re-attached unit less firm, stable and responsive to Glider induced actions.

Further, ingress into the rear of the vehicle is lessened with the leansteer attached. Once the Seg is on the vehicle, one only has access through the flip window, the back door is closed.
Seginaway is offline   Reply With Quote