View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 03:09 AM   #45
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I appreciate some of the items that Bud has brought to the discussion...

I will admit, that some of the numbers related to activity do seem to indicate that this program is having some effect... I hope it is a good one.

I find it no coincidence that the UAW owns the largest share of Government Motors, and the federal government is next... Since there was not enough revenue coming in to cover payroll, then someone was about to stop getting paid, so now the federal government is paying the employees in that union via this program... (instead of another dead-on grant)

Since it is seed money, and is bringing in other revenue to the companies, is is far better.

The fact that the far majority of cars being sold thru this program are not union made, or American Nameplates, shows some problems, but I don't care about the name on the car as much as the place it was made, as long as that place employs Americans...

As unfair to other industries, and to everyone in general, this is less impossible than another direct grant.

So, of all the ways that this federal government (and the immediate past one) has acted 'stupidly' (in the words of the guy in charge) this 'CARS' program is slightly less stupid than the rest.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote