View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 06:03 PM   #5
dmurphy
dmurphy is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale@thecoys.net View Post
2 hrs would probably be enough, but 12/12 is just fine. And mine happens to be set to turn it OFF for 6 hours at night. The important thing is to cycle it off and then on (which could be done just by using the Segway frequently).

When it starts charging, it first checks the status, then charges, and then goes into "maintenance" mode. So, if it never "starts" again, it never checks.

So, to "start" the charging, you have to ............ "stop" the charging some way.
Thanks everyone! I totally get the “why to reset” mode. But I’m having an interesting case ... it seems fairly rare that I get to the “green n blinking” stage. The only time I see it is after I ride and drain the batteries some it charges for a bit and then goes to blinking maintenance mode. If I start a charge while full, the lights go solid green and stay solid green. Bizarre. Hopefully once the weather improves I can diagnose this a bit better. Thinking this may be weather related too; the Segway is stored in my garage where it’s about 45 degrees. Contemplating pulling the batts and bringing them indoors, or am I over analyzing this?
dmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote