View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 05:31 PM   #1
Jim McClain
Jim McClain is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Thinking about selling my i170

What's the market like for selling a used i170 that has been slightly modified? I find that my Seg sits idle for months at a time now and I think it's time to let go of it. I bought it in 2007 and last year replaced the batteries with some MTO rebuilt Li-ions. Unfortunately, I was attacked by a dog while gliding and crashed. It didn't hurt the Seg, but it put me in the hospital. I have been too nervous about gliding since then and have only had it out for a few short runs since the accident.

What do you think I should ask? I still have the side bag that came with it, the original wheels and tires, although I have painted the wheels and caps. I have larger tires mounted on it now and also have some custom XT size wheels and tires. Here's a few pics - some of you may remember me posting about this Seg in years past.

This is its current configuration:

Please let me know what you think. My location is Quincy, CA, but I can bring it to the SF Bay Area, or anywhere else within a 4 or 5 hour drive. I'm not sure if eBay or CraigsList would be the best place to sell it - or maybe right here on SegwayChat.org.

Thanks,

Jim
Jim McClain is offline   Reply With Quote