View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 10:50 PM   #8
PeteInLongBeach
PeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura aboutPeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberjack View Post
I am not sure that anyone here is actually ridden one of these but.... I think in the real world this would be a little scary riding the Yike Bike with the position of riding etc I could seen getting thrown with a good bump and it doesn't look like a soft landing. With my i2 nothing is more pleasant than a nice wide, traffic free surface to ride. However, that is not my reality. I commute to work on my i2 and sidewalks cracked from tree roots, uneven edges, pot holes, broken asphalt, glass and other detritus from lazy people. And this does not even count the clowns who look right at me and then after I have entered intersections accelerate towards me, blow completely red lights, back out of driveways without looking etc. With the great visibility of the i2 I feel much safer than a Yike Bike.
I agree. And some of the reasons I prefer the segway is the convenience and relative safety of using the sidewalks. I live in a downtown environment, and would not want to be riding a bike on the streets around here...