View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 03:14 AM   #2
Neelix
Neelix is a glorious beacon of lightNeelix is a glorious beacon of lightNeelix is a glorious beacon of lightNeelix is a glorious beacon of lightNeelix is a glorious beacon of lightNeelix is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

This is a major piece of history, right here, and I'm not sure that some of the new members of our community know it.

I remember being a 14 year old kid, completely enraptured by Phil's videos. I would watch and imagine what it felt like to actually ride one. I would watch and try to memorize every sleek line of the fenders and the swoop of the handlebars. I would watch and drink in all of the details about what it was like to own one, so that I would be prepared for that day when I had mine.

Now, the Segway PT is more of an everyday tool for me than an object of intense fascination. But watching these videos again brought me back to a time when I didn't know what it felt like to be so in-tune with a piece of machinery that it felt like a part of my body, and the excitement and envigoration that that state of anticipation brought.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Neelix is offline   Reply With Quote