View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 12:45 AM   #7
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolacoy View Post
May not be PC, I have read it before and it was still funny. One good thing about getting old is that you forget what you you read a week ago and it's funny again. I like to read SiFi books. I have three books that I like. I have them marked #1, #2 and #3. I never have to buy new books. Opps, that may not be PC.
*I* found this funny ... because I have three Science Fiction books hanging out by my bed, that I periodically pick up and re-read. The newest member of the set is probably the oldest; David Brin's Glory Road. Neal Stephenson's Anathem. And an anthology of short stories from one one of the magazines.

The anthology has been there several years. Glory Road is there because David Brin suggested it as part of a list of good female characters for my daughter -- and I later discovered I had a copy, unread. It's been there about year.

Anathem, which I was just re-reading this morning as I slowly got my wits about me, has been there for two and a half years. Every time I pick it up, I find something I missed or, more likely, had forgotten.

I haven't bought any new Science Fiction in years!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote