View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #23
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Quote:
People like this harm journalism, society, the innocent -- and the very victims they claim to want to help, by casting discredit on any valid concerns.
I agree.

However, Daisey claims that he is not a journalist. He claims he is an entertainer, and therefore not responsible for being factual, and that his choice of words, being nothing more than entertainment, is protected free speech.

That's the same approach that Rush Limbaugh took, just a week ago. However, like with Limbaugh, some people apparently believe Daisey was being factual.

This American Life, to their credit, ran a long and agonizing admission and apology. I will also point out that Daisey's Chinese interpreter disavowed some aspects of the story, but she, like every other individual in China, reports to the Chinese government in the end. I have no faith in what she says, either.

Last edited by Civicsman; 03-17-2012 at 12:40 PM..