View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 10:03 AM   #18
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Market Demand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillPaxton View Post
BTW it cost me the same to buy my MB C230 after the lease as to buy my civic hybrid - it was a tough choice but gas was the #1 factor in my purchase
A few years ago, they could not give civic hybrids away, Prius's batteries were dying right and left, and today, you stand inline for them...

Fuel cost is something everyone is finally looking at. Let's see in 1973 we had gas lines, cars got smaller, then in 1979 gas lines again, cars started to be more efficent, and the 90's everyone was driving big SUV's with 1970's fuel effeciency, and today we still drive more and use more fuel. And everyone complains how expensive it is...

One of these days finding ways to get single occupants around without burning a tank full of fossil fuel will be the way to go... Oh hey we already have that! Not everyone uses bikes, and not everyone will use the Segway, but at least there are alternatives.

p.s. how many 1980's Hondas do you see on the road, compared to '80's M-B's? And they sold more Honda's than M-B's back then! ;-) Remember how hot the VW Rabbit Diesel was in 1978, and the FIRST Honda Accord 4 door Sedanin '79? The 1977 Honda Accords were one of the first cars that people paid more than the sticker just to get on the list to buy them! - That shook up the auto world! Market Demand at it's best!

BTW - I will take the I2 over the towel ;-) Actually on the streets of DC you can buy towels (and just about everything else) with the White House Seal... Now to come up with a Presidential edition I-2 - White with gold logos, lots of eagles and flags!

Last edited by wwhopper; 08-31-2007 at 10:10 AM..
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote