Thread: SegVator - Lift
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 01:52 AM   #1
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Great device. A few comments:

1) Be sure to ask for the inverter option, if you want that. I did, but initially didn't get it, and it's not something that can be added on later. I was able to swap the entire main unit and get one, but it was a pain that could have been avoided if the choice were better communicated on the web site. I really like the ability to extend my range and top it up while driving.

2) Good, clear instructions, otherwise!

3) I have a bit of problem, if I raise mine all the way without my Seg, with it sticking in the up position. Be sure to carry the tool to unjam it, in case you forget. Very minor issue. I suspect it will disappear with wear...

4) A weld on my receiver hitch failed, letting my Segway down to drag on the freeway. Damage? The trailing edge of my Segvator is a bit sharper than when it was new. It held on and kept my Segway safe.

5) On some vehicles you may have to be careful about dips and such -- try not to let both rear wheels drop into the same dip at the same time.

6) The light doesn't really add much value, because its positioned so to not shine so much where the Segway goes. It's a low-tech small incadescant light. A bit of room for minor improvement there. I use my helmet light for illumination, so no problem

7) Make sure your gen 2 is OFF before you lift. If you misfire and only take it out of RBM, or if you accidentally bump the infokey button and power it up, the Segvator and Segway will have an interesting little battle. Calm will be restored when you lower it enough to release the rider detect switches. Neither will be the worse for their little spat.

Very well put together, thought out, and very convenient. I really, really, really missed it while my receiver hitch was being repaired.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote