View Single Post
Old 03-31-2020, 12:38 PM   #3
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

I understand the "18 year" number, but Gen 1 machines were still being sold as new through mid-2006. Maybe later, if dealers still had them in stock. In my counting, it's been a bit less than 14 years since Segway stopped offering Gen 1 machines.

That's a distinction without a difference, especially since Segway stopped supporting Gen 1 machines years ago. What was it, 6 years ago? 8 years ago? Still, that's better than some modern electronics, for which support (or even functionality) can evaporate very quickly when the manufacturer embraces a new technology or new model.

Even as a one-time supplier to Segway, this is the first time I have seen (what passes for) a Segway service manual. Quite minimal, but that is the direction Segway LLC/INC decided to go with their service.

Lots more people would be likely interested in a Gen 2 service manual, if there happens to be a past Segway distributor that has one of those on file....
Civicsman is offline   Reply With Quote