Old 07-17-2006, 10:21 AM   #4
TX2Wheels
TX2Wheels is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Personal Charity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Ever-Glides
Plomoh,

I appreciate your 'Mother Teresa' attitude towards charity, but there is a tremendeous amount to running a tour business that you obviously do not understand.

Tour operators are working their asses off seven days a week just to make a reasonable living, with little time to operate a spin-off charity. What I do and I'm sure many others, is to donate lots of gift certificate to worthy non-profit organizations for their fund raising efforts. They really appreciate this.

I'll bet more is done in the way of chairities by tour operators than Segway Corp. Hey, why don't you propose your program to them? They have deeper pockets then we have...
I was asked if I do Bennifits with the Segways. My reply was, "every weekend". To which the person said "really, for whom"? "Me" was my reply. So yea I agree with you. If I do any give aways, it is with repeat customers in the form of reduced rates. I know that may sound cold to other people but you have to scratch out every dollar you can to make it. It's a business and like any other revenue drives the engine.
Jay "2 wheels Guillot
TX2Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote