View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 12:53 AM   #1
thisdave
thisdave is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Help: is this expected behavior ?

A little background, I'm new to segways, and am a paralyzed wheelchair user trying to use a converted segway.

I was having an issue and had to take the seat frame off the frame to adjust it.

So I have the base of the segway on the ground with with some add on legs holding it level.

I hold the power key down on the remote and the segway powers up and no happy face as nobody is standing on it, and if I pull up the legs the segway falls over ... all as I would expect.

Now if I put the legs down, this just holds the segway level and push down on one of the segway floor sensors I get the happy face. That is I just push down on one of the four sensors. I power it down and power it up and try all four sensors and get the happy face with just one sensor being pressed.
Q1. Is this right only one of the four sensors needs depressing ?

Then if I take my finger off of the sensor, so none of the sensors are being pressed I keep the happy face, and the segway is working, I can lean it forward or backwards and it moves. As though nobody is standing on it, it's functioning?
Is this right ?

This is where assuming gets me into trouble, I figured if none of the sensors were being pressed, as though nobody was standing on the segway it would stop working, and fall over?

If I hit the power button, I lose the happy face and it fall over!

My seated segway has a fancy mechanical mechanism that pushes all four sensor, it would seem this is overkill?
but also when stop pressing the sensor and have the feet deployed I want the segway to stop working. It seems the only way to do this is to hit the power button?

Thanks for letting me know this is normal or not normal, or I have some setting wrong.
thisdave is offline   Reply With Quote