View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 11:19 PM   #6
Pinotman
Pinotman is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member
Talking Ecorider E8-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey252 View Post
I have been testing the smaller model for some weeks and have to say I have it tuned very close to an X2, infact Im sure customer would not know the difference. Due to the massive price difference, cheaper spare and ability to swap and so far much better customer service they are looking like a real Segway contender/killer.
What are the redundant subsystems you mention when you talk about using these in a tour environment? I know as far as boards are concerned there is only one vs 2 and the separate BSA(gyro) but what difference do these make in a tour environment?
I have to say, the torque is better (though much newer gearboxes) the feel is great on the smaller models with lower tyre pressure and steering tuned via the app. I do agree about the E8-2, I found that unrideable! Steering was awful and overall ride I thought to be dangerous.
Thanks for your input, really keen to understand these resilient sub systems before jumping in.
Hi Ramsey, i note your comments in regards to the E8-2 being unrideable.. i recently purchased one to test these for รก possible group Aussie buy and i agree they ride really badly and steering is quite un-intuitive ( Phillip i think you are onto something with your comments that EcoRider dont have the Segway steering mapped into the algorithm on the E8-2) and it does not feel safe on road let alone on bumpy off road applications or ride like an X2 at all ( my shins can attest to that ) You indicate above that you have the smaller model - is that the 19 inch wheel model with the smaller powered motors that Ecorider advertise?? Does that model have a specific model number so i can be sure Im actually looking at the right one you mention? how did you manage to tune the steering via the app.. I also hear that the Eco app only supports Android applications at present?

Be great to hear back from you with clarity on these points.

cheers
Nic
Pinotman is offline   Reply With Quote