View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 06:35 AM   #7
Gaye
Gaye

5 yr Member

My Segway arrived yesterday (i170) and I had today my inaugural run; TOTALLY and PHENOMENALLY brilliant!
I had a bit of a practise on nice flat concrete area and then joined all my family (including the dogs) on a mile long country walk long a farm track. Incidentally I can see the value of getting one of those comfort mats as on rough terrain you are are a trifle knackered!
ABSOLUTELY SUPERB! My little one said "Mummy you've never been this far with us before and now you can come out with us all the time, and you haven't got your sore hip (I have osteo arthritis) AND you can even take me out on my bicycle!"
It made every single penny and all the effort worthwhile!
Even my husband (who knew nothing of my purchase until it arrived!) was mightily impressed and took to it like the proverbial duck to water. He isn't looking forward to the credit card bill arriving though.
I am a very happy and lucky lady. Thank God (or Dog if you are dyslexic!) we live in an era of inventors and entrepreneurs.
Forget my aspiration to fly with the birds; Segway has to be more fun!
My thanks to everyone who has emailed words of encouragement and advice.
My biggest thanks of course to the chap who sold me his nearly new Segway at quite a reasonable price.
He modestly wants to remain annonymous but I am SO grateful to him; take a bow - YOU know who you are!
Gaye
PS My daughter likes everything to have names and so my Segway is now Harriet the Chariot!

Gliding, like cleanliness, is close to godliness!