View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 04:51 PM   #8
dmurphy
dmurphy is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbint View Post
I don't know the answer.
But given the holidays, this is what I would try whilst waiting for those Segway experts to respond.

It 'smells' like most of the gear is working, and maybe you have had a glitch ( did you have any thunderstorms or power blackouts ? ).
So I would try to re-start it.

To do a cold reset, remove both batteries.
Leave them off for a decent time, say 15 minutes.
( observe the battery date codes, or just post the first 6 digits here ).
Thank you Michael! I've managed to get the stripped screw out (anyone got a source for replacement battery screws?) quite easily by using an SAE hex driver one size larger. Trying to be delicate but finally got it to break free and was able to coax it out.

Left the batteries out for a few minutes, swapped positions and reinstalled. Let's see what happens. No thunderstorms, blackouts or brownouts either. All good there.

Anywho - serial #'s are:

C051414xxxxx
C091813xxxxx

Both are Revision AH. Segway has 3750 miles on it.

So let's see what comes from a few hours on the charger... I'm down to 2 bars right now, so hopefully this gets sorted quickly. Again, the seller offered me a 6-month guarantee against any issues - and reiterated that when I mentioned the charging issue - so I'm sure it'll all work out in the end with a happy Segway... just want to get it sorted.
dmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote