Thread: Segway Lifts
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 03:19 PM   #2
Seginaway
Seginaway will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Default I made my own . . .

I made my own with two (2) aluminum ramps, one (1) aluminum 4x2 basket, two (2) one (1) inch ratchet straps and a two (2) inch receiver on the back of the Expedition. Further, the rear power outlet allows charging whilst traveling from place to place.

The Segway powers itself up the ramps, though dismount typically is done by pulling it over the basket edge and letting the X2 bounce to the ground. I suppose I could use the ramps to get Trigger down, but down is a lot easier than up so I skip the ramp setup on the downside.

All this for under $300US a number of years ago. Have taken Trigger on many, many trips to numerous states and haven't had a problem. Outdoors on the back of the Expedition is a weather issue, but I deal with the rain/snow etc. by adjusting travel plans or limiting exposure as best I can. Originally, I would remove the handlebar/steer bar, but as of late, I just secure it and let it wobble a little bit. Doesn't seem to have been an issue and Trigger has over 11,500 miles. Blinky is active & blinking!

Last edited by Seginaway; 11-16-2017 at 05:11 PM..
Seginaway is offline   Reply With Quote