View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 05:02 AM   #12
rwoynaro
rwoynaro is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fog_Man View Post
The SegwayMini pro is ADA compliant. I have notes from medical doctors based upon my ailing back and totally reconstructed ankle and lower leg that I need a device like the SMP. So, if mine is appropriated, then they must provide a substitute at their expense. If I am denied, then they will be reported and lawyers contacted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I use my segway as a EPMAD (electronic personal mobility assistive device) all the time and have used it in many many museums, fairs, etc. Most recently the Air and Space museum in Dulles plus the Lincoln Memorial in DC. I have a seat on it and a visible handicap placard and have not been denied entrance to date. I have been questioned maybe 2X, once by a security guard at a museum and once at Target by an over-zealous mgr. They both said basically "do you need that thing" and I said "yep, it's my wheelchair" and they said " have a good day." I think it's a great idea to keep the regs handy in case you end up needing it. Just being prepared, you give the impression you know more than they do and they invariably back down and go away.
rwoynaro is offline   Reply With Quote